Friday 1 April 2011

Follow Friday/ Book Blogger Hop (6)

Follow Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Parajunkie!


This week's question is:

What is the book you really don't want to admit loving?

To be honest, there are no books that I would not admit to reading. If I'd read Twilight and liked it and someone in real life asked if I had, I might be a bit embarrassed to admit it. 

I do love my zombie books though, which some people find quite strange. Even some of the cheesiest action orientated ones I love. 

Book Blogger Hop is hosted by Crazy for Books!

Book Blogger Hop

This week's question is:

Since today is April Fools Day, what is the best prank you have ever played on someone OR had played on you?

Ugh, I feel so boring with my answers this week. I can't think of one big epic prank that has been played on me or that I played on someone specific to April Fools Day. I do have a couple small pranks that I have been remembering recently to mention though.

When I was at school (maybe in Year 8 - 12 years old) we were all sitting in English class with a substitute teacher no one really liked. One of the students had a mosquito whistle on their phone (for anyone who doesn't know - it's a high pitched whistle that only people under the age of about 25 can hear. People use them outside their houses to repel youths). The student kept playing it on his phone when the teacher was talking, or at funny moments. Of course the whole class could hear and would burst out laughing at the same moments, but the teachers had no idea what it was and in the end kept asking us what was so funny.

Anyway, that wasn't really a prank or on April Fools Day or anything, but I just remembered that story recently and thought it would be quite appropriate to share.  

11 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog!
    I'm a new follower!

    Have a wonderful weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I readily admit that I enjoy Zombie books, but I do get funny looks when people ask me, "What's that books about?" and I say, "Zombies."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Vicky, just stopping by on the follow. I'm ur newest follower. Great site, much luck!
    Have a terrific weekend reading !!!
    See ya!
    Dana
    Readaholics Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad I am not the only boring one! My answers are here: http://www.lisasworldofbooks.com/2011/04/follow-friday.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not a prankster at all, but I'm always getting pranked since I'm so gullible. The big one was on my wedding day - you can read all about it on my blog :)

    Glad to have found you via the Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by on the hop! Following back =)
    Jennifer @ The Bawdy Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. At first I wasn't going to participate in this week's Book Blogger Hop. I'm not even sure why.

    But here I am. And I'm glad! To dispel any false impressions people may have had about me being a old, stodgy fuddy-duddy I'm happy to share some of my very best pranks with you.

    Highlights include - low-grade explosives, eggs and salt shakers. Get all the side-splitting details over on my blog - http://www.howardsherman.net

    They date back to my younger years as a Brooklyn boy which brings about some introspection.

    I'm going to go pull some pranks today. Look out world! I'm coming out of prankster retirement!
    Howard Sherman
    http://www.howardsherman.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. Zombies are the best!! :) I kinda felt the same way about the embarrassing book question this week. I thought of some ridiculous romances that I've read, but nothing too crazy that I couldn't tell my friends.

    And- I love that prank!! That's awesome- subs really get it bad, don't they? lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't like pranks....not nice to do that to a teacher.

    I am stopping by from the blog hop.

    Hope you have a fun blog hop.

    Stop by my blog if you like to see my answer.

    http://silversolara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm following back.

    How is it that I've never heard of this whistle before now???? I must find one!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! :)