Wednesday 16 March 2011

Review of My Soul to Take

Title: My Soul to Take
Author: Rachel Vincent
Published: 2009
Pages: 345
My Rating: 3/5


She doesn't see dead people, but…
..She senses when someone near her is about to die.
And when that happens, a force beyond her control compels her to scream bloody murder.
-Literally.
Kaylee just wants to enjoy having caught the attention of the hottest guy in school.
But a normal date is hard to come by when Nash seems to know more about her need to scream than she does.
And when classmates start dropping dead for no apparent reason, only Kaylee knows who'll be next…



My Review
I wasn't really sure if I was going to like this book, and to be honest, I'm still not sure if I really liked it. I had heard good things about it, and the concept really interested me. But when I came to starting it I became very skeptical as I'm not really one for Urban Fantasy. If you are interested in that however, I'm sure you'll love this!


The whole Banshee/ Reaper element was very interesting, and a nice change from Werewolves and Vampires. The issues they tackled concerning death was also a great new take on the Urban Fantasy genre. 


One thing that I noticed when reading this is that most of the book is split with either an exciting death premonition scene or talking scenes where we are a bit overloaded with information. As much as I found the information interesting; interesting wasn't enough to stop me getting bored at times. But on the opposite side, I found the death premonition scenes exciting, and the ending was certainly exciting with a good couple twists.


I liked the characters and some of the exciting twists, but overall, I was a little bit bored and don't think I like it enough to read the next one. If you are a fan of Urban Fantasy, however, I suggest you look into this book, it might be for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! :)