Wednesday 9 March 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (2)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly even hosted by Breaking the Spine, where we share books that we just can't  wait to read!


Title: Plague 
Author: Michael Grant
Release Date: April 2nd 2011
Pages: 512


Eight months after everyone over the age of fifteen disapeared from the town of Perdidio Beach, California, the stakes are still rising. The kids in Perdido Beach are still starving. Yet despite the simmering unrest left behind by so many battles, power struggles, and angry divides, there is a momentary calm in Perdido Beach.
But enemies in the FAYZ don’t just fade away, and in the quiet, deadly things are stirring, mutating, and finding their way free. The Darkness has found its way into the mind of its Nemesis at last and is controlling it through a haze of delirium and confusion. A highly contagious, fatal illness spreads at an alarming rate as sinister, predatory insects terrorize Perdido Beach. And Sam, Astrid, Diana, and Caine are plagued by a growing doubt that they’ll escape—or even survive—life in the FAYZ. With so much turmoil surrounding them, what desperate choices will they make when it comes to saving themselves and those they love?



I can't even begin to describe how EXCITED for this I am! The day that it comes out, I'm going to be pretty much incapacitated with this book.

The Gone series is my second favorite book series, next to Harry Potter. I've loved every book more than the last. It's strange cause when I first read the first book, I was distracted waiting for another book to arrive in the post and didn't really get into it.

Obviously, that's not the case now, and I'm counting down the days that I can get stuck into Plague!

4 comments:

  1. Hope this lives up to the huge expectations you have for it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not heard of this book, but it sounds good. Thank you for sharing.

    I'm your newest follower^^

    Find mine here:
    MY WOW (Mysteriousbooks)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a simplistic but intriguing cover. Great pick!

    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. never heard of it but it looks good.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! :)