Thursday 3 February 2011

Academy Awards predictions and favourites.

The Academy Awards are taking place on the 27th of February. I can't deny that I'm very much looking forward to it. I just thought that I would make a post here about my predictions and favourites. Blue is who I think will win, and green is who I want to win for each category.

(Also, one thing to bare in mind is that in the UK True Grit and The Fighter aren't out yet, so things may change when I have seen them. Also, don't the colours look pretty?)

Best Picture: The Social Network or The King's Speech / The King's Speech or 127 Hours
Best Director: David Fincher - The Social Network / David Fincher -The Social Network
Best Actor: Colin Firth / Colin Firth or James Franco
Best Actress: Natalie Portman / Natalie Portman 
Best Writing - Original Screenplay: The King's Speech / Inception 
Best Writing - Adapted Screenplay: The Social Network / 127 Hours
Best Animated Feature: Toy Story 3 / Toy Story 3
Best Original Score: Alexandre Desplat - The King's Speech / Hans Zimmer - Inception 
Best Art Direction: Inception / Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1

2 comments:

  1. I just saw The King's Speech last night. I loved it and hope it wins practically everything :-)
    Being from the UK, did you learn about King George's stutter in school? I knew about the abdication of his brother, but nothing about the stammer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the King's Speech! Such a brilliant film!
    But no, I never did learn about King George at all in school sadly, but it is such an interesting story!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! :)