Tuesday 8 February 2011

The Enemy

Title: The Enemy
Author: Charlie Higson
Published: '09
Pages: 416
My Rating: 4/5

I know I said that I had started reading Precession of the Dead about a week ago. Well....I couldn't get on with it. I got about 40 pages in and was bored. I don't know if I can take it back as I got it on a gift card, so I'll keep it for now, and maybe try reading it again.
     Lost with nothing to read, I picked up this book I'd got ages ago on a special offer but hadn't got to reading it yet. It's called The Enemy by Charlie Higson. I enjoy zombie books and thought this looked like fun. It's about a world that has succumb to the zombies of everyone above the age of 14. Anyone under that age left, is fighting to survive. It follows a group of kids who have lived in Waitrose for the past year fighting off the zombies 'Grown-ups' as they call them, and scavenging for food.
     This book definitely was fun. It was action packed, exciting and gory. Quite surprisingly gory considering the young age group. One thing that I think will stick in my head as unusual about this book, was a shocking death in the first hundred pages. But I will not say more as it's quite a large spoiler. It had excellent plot-twists. The only comment I have, is that I found something sloppy about the way the characters were written, but I wouldn't expect it to be too complex for an exciting zombie book like this. I know that there is a second out, that I have seen in the shops, and I am looking forward to reading it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! :)