Tuesday 1 February 2011

Procession of the Dead




So I went into town today at lunchtime to get the book I have been looking forward to getting for a while (Inside Out by Maria V. Snyder) But even though I was told it was going to be in on Tuesday, they still didn't have it, and I didn't want to go through the hassle of ordering it, so I thought I'd wait.
     However, I still didn't have a book to read and I had a gift card leftover from Christmas, so I had a look around and found this book. It's called Procession of the Dead by Darren Shan. I read the blurb and a couple pages, and it seemed quite interesting so I gave it a try. It wasn't until I got home that I realised it was a zombie book. No complaints though; I love zombie books.
Here's the blurb:
Quick-witted and cocksure, young upstart Capac Raimi arrives in the city determined to make his make his mark as a gangster. Then he crosses paths with The Cardinal, and his life changes forever. 
      The Cardinal is the City and the City is The Cardinal. They are joined in soul. Nothing moves on the streets, or below them, without the Cardinal's knowledge. His rule is absolute.
        As Capac begins to discover more about the extent of the Cardinal's influence on this life he is faced with hard choices. And as his ambition soars ever higher he will learn all there is to know about loss, and the true cost of ultimate power ...


So even though it's quite a vague blurb, I thought it looked quite interesting. There will be more of this to come.

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by! :)